Julie is most enjoyable if one doesn't take it too seriously. Doris Day plays Julie Benton, whose off-the-coop musician husband Lyle Benton ( Louis Jourdan ) confesses that he in fact killed Julie 's first husband. She immediately recognizes that he is so possessive of her that he would sooner rub her out than lose her altogether, and leaves Lyle , seeking protection under the wing of a country club acquaintance, Cliff Henderson ( Barry Sullivan ). The San Francisco police deduce that Julie is in danger from Lyle , and begin to close in on the poor woman to protect her, but she inadvertently misses them. In the film's thrilling final sequence, Julie has returned to the stewardess job she once held - without realizing that Lyle has boarded the plane sans detection, planning to murder out most of the crew and take her out next. Silent film star Mae Marsh , a "regular" in the films of director Andrew L. Stone , appears in the closing scenes as an hysterical passenger. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Suspense & Thriller
- Action Thriller
- Treacherous Spouses
- 01 hr 37 min
- September 30, 2011
- Doris Day , John Gallaudet , Frank Lovejoy , Louis Jourdan , Barry Sullivan
- Joel Marston , Hank Patterson , Eddie Marr , Harlan Warde , Jack Kruschen , Aline Towne , Ann Robinson , Ed Hinton , Jack Kelly , Barney Phillips , Pamela Duncan , Mae Marsh , Carleton Young
- Andrew L. Stone
- Academy Awards (2)
- Academy Awards , Best Original Screenplay , 1956 , Andrew L. Stone
- Academy Awards , Best Song , 1956 , Leith Stevens, Tom Adair
Rating: NR - Suitable for Children
special offers and deals.
free standard shipping with $50 purchase, offer details.
- Made in the USA or Imported