August 3, 2010
August 3, 2010
The author tells a story of love, sexual passion, painful adolescence and devastating betrayal as seen through the eyes of a 13-year-old boy--and the man he later becomes--looking back on the events of a single long, hot and life-altering weekend. Reprint. 50,000 first printing.
An awkward, adolescent single-child, Henry often finds himself alone, daydreaming, or trying to comfort his melancholy mother. Over the course of a labor day weekend, he learns more about his mother's tragic past, and through the friendship of a mysterious injured stranger, he comes to learn more about what it means to be a man. Joyce Maynard's LABOR DAY is a heartfelt tale of coming-of-age that propels the reader both with its emotional insight, and its gradual revelation of haunting secrets.
Author: Joyce Maynard
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: Family + Friendship, Types of Characters, Stages of Life, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Holidays
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Types of Characters, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Holidays, Family + Friendship, Stages of Life
- Publisher: Avon A
- Pages: 244
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Release Date: August 3, 2010
- Author: Joyce Maynard
- Online Item #: 12275304
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-04-0949
- ISBN: 9780061843419
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported