April 2, 2013
April 2, 2013
From Ingrid Hoffmann, international food and television personality, restaurateur, and host of the Cooking Channel’s Simply Delicioso and Univision’s Delicioso, comes a fully illustrated, easy-to-follow cookbook that offers a healthy spin on modern Latin cuisine.
Latin D’lite features more than 150 classic Latin recipes, all with Ingrid’s signature touches:
• Adding bright, bold flavor to every dish with herbs, spices, and chiles.
• Introducing readers to ingredients such as pumpkin seeds, green and ripe plantains, ají amarillo (Peruvian yellow chile pepper), and malanga (a popular South American root vegetable), along with how and when to use them.
• Offering healthful ingredient substitutions and cooking tips such as using lime juice as a coleslaw dressing instead of mayonnaise. Or making codfish balls from fresh, rather than dried, cod, then baking them instead of frying them. Using frozen mango and a touch of rosewater and white wine for a light sorbet.
• Time-saving prep secrets and presentation ideas.
At the end of each chapter, there is one indulgent recipe to allow the occasional splurge while maintaining these healthy changes. Delicious dishes such as Latin-style Fried Chicken or Ingrid’s take on a decadent lobster sandwich should be enjoyed every once in a while!A serious food lover who also understands the importance of balancing a healthful lifestyle, Ingrid offers a fresh, energetic take on Latin foods—from breakfast to appetizers and snacks, to soups and salads, to entrées, cocktails, and desserts.
- Genre: Cooking + Food + Wine
- Subgenre: Regional + Ethnic / General
- Publisher: Celebra Hardcover
- Pages: 320
- Language: English
- Author: Ingrid Hoffmann
- Online Item #: 14506554
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-07-9208
- ISBN: 9780451416278
- Made in the USA or Imported