May 5, 2009
May 5, 2009
A guide to becoming empowered in today's world addresses a wide range of topics, from establishing a unique identity and confronting racism and sexism to engaging in responsible relationships with the opposite sex and managing finances.
Hill Harper, author of the influential LETTERS TO A YOUNG BROTHER, offers advice and inspiration to young African American women. Addressing such topics as drug use, the importance of family, gang involvement, peer pressure, and sex, Harper urges his readers to respect themselves as they find their way along the path of life. Also included are inspirational letters from such role models as singer Eve, poet Nikki Giovanni, and First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama.
Genre: Social Science, Self Improvement
Sub-Genre: Ethnic Studies / General, Personal Growth / Self-Esteem
- Genre: Self Improvement, Social Science
- Subgenre: Personal Growth / Self-Esteem, Ethnic Studies / General
- Publisher: Avery Pub. Group
- Pages: 278
- Language: English
- Release Date: May 5, 2009
- Author: Hill Harper
- Online Item #: 11717820
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-17-2102
- ISBN: 9781592404599
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported