May 1, 2008
May 1, 2008
When a meteor pushes the moon closer to the earth, setting into motion a series of destructive weather events that wipe out coasts, rock the continents, and block out the sun, Miranda and her family must find a way to survive in a desperate and unfamiliar world. Jr Lib Guild. Reprint.
Until an enormous meteor hit the moon and knocked it out of orbit, wreaking unbelievable environmental havoc on earth, 16-year-old Miranda worried about ordinary teen issues such as a date for the prom, her father's new wife's pregnancy, and her best friend's religious transformation. Now, holed up with her mother and brothers in rural Pennsylvania, Miranda wonders about her future as she watches the world crumble under tsunamis, flu epidemics, earthquakes, and volcanoes. This gripping young-adult novel raises a host of fascinating issues and will have readers wondering what they would do.
- Genre: Nature, Juvenile Fiction, Family + Relationships, Biography + Autobiography, Social Science
- Subgenre: Family / General, Disasters + Disaster Relief, Natural Disasters, Nature + the Natural World / General, General
- Age: Teen
- Publisher: Graphia
- Pages: 347
- Author: Susan Beth Pfeffer
- Online Item #: 11324684
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-13-0535
- ISBN: 9780152061548
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported