July 1, 1999
July 1, 1999
TheLiterature Made Easy Series is more than just plot summaries. Each book describes a classic novel and drama by explaining themes, elaborating on characters, and discussing each author's unique literary style, use of language, and point of view. Extensive illustrations and imaginative, enlightening use of graphics help to make each book in this series livelier, easier, and more fun to use than ordinary literature plot summaries. An unusual feature, "Mind Map" is a diagram that summarizes and interrelates the most important details that students need to understand about a given work. Appropriate for middle and high school students.
In this now-classic tale--a terrifying variation on the traditional boys' adventure story--the brutal behavior of a group of English schoolboys left stranded on a deserted island after an atomic war is an allegory for the defects of society.
Genre: Juvenile Nonfiction, Study Guides
Sub-Genre: European / English + Irish + Scottish + Welsh
- Genre: Study Guides, Juvenile Nonfiction
- Subgenre: European / English + Irish + Scottish + Welsh
- Publisher: Barron's Educational Series Inc.
- Pages: 83
- Language: English
- Author: Tony Buzan , Mary Hartley
- Online Item #: 11987056
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-31-5388
- ISBN: 9780764108211
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported