May 1, 2004
May 1, 2004
A family travels from the big woods of Wisconsin to a new home on the prairie, where they build a house, meet neighboring Indians, build a well, and fight a prairie fire.
This is the second title in Laura Ingalls Wilder's classic American series about her childhood on the prairie. In the late 19th-century, the Ingalls family moves from the relative safety of Wisconsin to the unknown prairies of Kansas, where they build a log cabin and start up a small farm. Braving the elements, wolves, and much more, the tightly knit family discovers a new home. With Garth Williams' B&W illustrations.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction
Sub-Genre: Biographical / United States, Historical / United States / 19th Century
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Historical / United States / 19th Century, Biographical / United States
- Age: 9-12 years
- Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
- Pages: 352
- Language: English
- Release Date: May 1, 2004
- Author: Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Illustrator: Garth Williams
- Online Item #: 11469721
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-04-0140
- ISBN: 9780060581817
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported