October 1, 1994
October 1, 1994
Louisa May Alcott's beloved tale about Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy is presented in a beautiful Everyman's Library Children's Classics edition. The story of the four sisters' dreams, quarrels, and romances are brought to vivid life in this edition that features full cloth binding in bold, bright colors; silk ribbon marker and headband; two-color illustrated endpapers and illustrations throughout. A brief biography of Alcott is also included.
A classic with girls everywhere, LITTLE WOMEN tells the gripping story of the four March sisters--Jo, Amy, Beth, and Meg--as they struggle to grow up in an impoverished New England family during the Civil War. In this old-fashioned coming-of-age novel based on Louisa May Alcott's own interesting childhood, each sister, though uniquely talented, has to overcome her own unfortunate qualities, which include bluntness, vanity, shyness, and self-indulgence. Book One focuses on the pleasures and pains of life with their loving and wise mother, Marmee, while their father, a minister, serves in the war. Book Two takes place after the war has ended and the father has returned to the family. Jo's intense determination to become a professional writer, Beth's loving heart, Meg's work as a governess, and Amy's burgeoning artistic talent are each followed with care as the sisters
encounter love, marriage, and an unexpected tragedy.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Family + Friendship, Classics, Love + Relationships + Sex, Human Qualities + Behavior, Stages of Life, Society + Social Issues, Types of Characters, Education, Arts + Entertainment
- Age: 9-12 years
- Edition: Media Tie In, Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Louisa May Alcott
- Illustrator: M.E. Gray
- Online Item #: 12087046
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-35-5477
- ISBN: 9780679436423
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported