March 15, 1994
March 15, 1994
This edition of Little Women includes a Foreword, Biographical Note, and Afterword by Jane Yolen.
Living in poverty, their father gone to war, the March girls have only their mother--and themselves...
Meg's romantic, energetic, ready to start a family of her own; Beth's introspective, peaceful, afraid of everything except her dolls and music; Amy's beautiful, artistic, determined to live among the rich and famous; Jo's arrogant, hot-tempered, funny, a writer who keeps pet rats and detests being a girl.
They love each other, hate each other, fight with, scold, nag, tease, and protect each other, through days of joyous triumph and dark tragedy. For each girl, in her heart, knows she has something more precious than money: Sisters.
This edition includes both Parts I and II of LITTLE WOMEN and features an introduction by award-winning author Susan Straight.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Love + Relationships + Sex, Types of Characters, Stages of Life, Society + Social Issues, Religion + Beliefs, People + Places / United States / General, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Human Qualities + Behavior, Family / General, Family + Friendship, Family / Siblings, General, Education, Arts + Entertainment, Classics
- Language: English
- Author: Louisa May Alcott
- Online Item #: 11970596
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-30-1715
- ISBN: 9780812523331
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported