Taking care of the earth is more important than ever, but the problems we're facing can seem overwhelming. Living Green: The Missing Manual
helps make earth-friendly decisions more manageable by narrowing them down to a few simple choices. This all-in-one resource is packed with practical advice on ways you can help the environment by making simple changes in your home routine, work habits, and the way you shop and get around town. You don't have to embark on a radical new lifestyle to make a difference. Living Green: The Missing Manual
shows you how small changes can have a big impact. With this book, you will:
- Learn how to make your home energy efficient and free of toxic chemicals
- Discover how to reduce waste, repurpose and recycle, and do more with less
- Build and remodel earth-friendly homes with new techniques and materials
- Learn tips for buying organic food and what it takes to grow your own
- Get helpful information on fuel-efficient cars, including hybrid and electric models
- Make your workplace greener and more cost-effective -- from changes at your desk to suggestions for company-wide policies
- Explore how to choose renewable energies, such as wind and solar power
The book also provides you with ways to connect with like-minded people and offers a survey of exciting new green technologies. Learn how you can help the planet with Living Green: The Missing Manual.
- Genre: Nature, House + Home
- Subgenre: Environmental Conservation + Protection
- Publisher: O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
- Pages: 300
- Format: paperback
- Release Date:
August 28, 2009
- Date Published:
August 28, 2009
Author: Nancy Conner
see shipping & returns
review this item
special offers and deals.
This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend $50 on qualifying items.,
- Online Item #: 11851950
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-26-4162
- ISBN: 9780596801724
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported