June 15, 1992
June 15, 1992
Marjorie Morningstar is a love story. It presents one of the greatest characters in modern fiction: Marjorie, the pretty seventeen-year-old who left the respectability of New York's Central Park West to join the theater, live in the teeming streets of Greenwich Village, and seek love in the arms of a brilliant, enigmatic writer. In this memorable novel, Herman Wouk, winner of the Pulitzer Prize, has created a story as universal, as sensitive, and as unmistakably authentic as any ever told.
Marjorie Morningstar is 19 when she is offered the job of her dreams working in a summer stock company for Noel Airman, its talented and intensely charismatic director. She is immediately engulfed in a powerful affair with the man destined to become the greatest, and most destructive, love of her life.
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Literary, Love + Relationships + Sex, Arts + Entertainment, Human Qualities + Behavior, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Conflicts + Dualities, Peoples + Cultures, Religious / Jewish, Stages of Life, Types of Characters, General
- Edition: Reissue
- Language: English
- Author: Herman Wouk
- Online Item #: 11452595
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-02-6632
- ISBN: 9780316955133
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported