Rated 5 out of
Compact and stays charged
This is fantastic and I love it. It's compact and the charge lasts a long time. It comes with a nice bag and a cooler with a cooler block that helps hold four 5 oz bottles (they are also included). It's a little pricey but I think it's worth it.
Date published: 2015-03-14
Rated 4 out of
Great if you are on the go!
I started using this pump back in March, my son is now 6 months old and still love using this pump.
- Mobile, i can move around and am not stuck in one place.
- Great for on the go, I can take toss it in my purse and not have to worry about carrying a separate case for it. it's small enough to fit in a medium size purse (I have all the parts for work and for home, so I don't have to transport those back and forth).
- Really good suction, I still have not reached the highest "level"
- Only have to charge battery once in two days (Pump 6 times a day)
- Parts are easy to use and wash. Can be thrown in the dishwasher.
- Noisy, a little too loud.
- The suction is not as great for large breasted women (have to apply pressure at times to ensure the breast empties).
Over all it's a great pump and i would recommend it. I love using it as it gives me the freedom to do other things while pumping and even play with my kid.
Date published: 2014-09-29
Rated 4 out of
buyers remorse - parts more expensive and not carried in stores
Go with the pump in style. The parts are cheaper and sold in most stores. When a membrane goes bad, it is very inconvenient to wait for Freestyle parts to be shipped.
I am on my second baby with my pump in style. It still works just fine, but I would buy the other model if I could go back and do it again.
Date published: 2014-05-05
Rated 1 out of
medela freestyle pump and starter kit
pump is small and relatively discreet if you need to multi-task and don't have much privacy, a large smock will effectively cover the whole apparatus, However the "spare parts" must be completely dry when assembled in order for the thing to work. There is no pulling them out of the steamer and expecting suction, so an extra set and immediate clean up are a must. also the suction at it's higest level does not touch my old pump in style at medium setting, and it takes twice the time to express the same amount of milk that my 2007 pump in style can extract. 2 phase suction is a joke and does not produce any faster let down or more milk, than older model without that feature. overall advantages lightweight and relatively discreet, except for the noise. cons substandard suction. noisy and parts are too fussy.
Date published: 2013-06-21