Rated 4 out of
Ergo vs. Moby Go
I own an Ergo and ordered this Moby Go for secondary use.
So I would like write this review by comparing with Ergo.
- Price: Great price for what it does. I love my Ergo, but didn't want to spend $100+ for another one. If you are looking for a carrier (for your toddler) this will be a great option.
- Positions: I don't think you can do hip carry with Moby Go, but I don't do hip carry anyway, so this works out just fine. This carrier offers Front/Back carry.
-Adjustment: Moby Go is a little harder to adjust than Ergo, since Moby Go crisscross on the back. Needs a little bit of practice, but if you own a carrier already like I do, this shouldn't be a problem.
-Carrier for toddler: Moby Go can be used from 15-45lb. That being said, this is a carrier for toddlers. Ergo on the other hand can be used for infant with insert.
My baby is 20lb/11months, Moby Go works great for him.
When you look at the picture I posted, you can see Moby Go is bigger, that means better support for toddlers.
- Shoulder strap: Ergo has padding and Moby Go doesn't. I was very skeptical at first, but surprisingly this is very very comfortable. Shoulder straps are a lot wider than Ergo. It is a bit more tricky to have crisscross shoulder straps but I do like it and feels like it has better support.
- Probably not for small people: I am 5'6" and 120lb, and I use this on the smallest setting. So I don't think this would work for a smaller person.
- Options: This DOES come with sun block thingy like ergo does, however Moby Go's sun block thing doesn't snap on. It is literally like a hoodie so I don't really like it. You CAN detach since it is velco-ed on to the carrier.
Over all, I am very pleased with this carrier. There are some things to point out however I cannot complain for the price.
Date published: 2015-08-07
Rated 5 out of
Love. Love. Love!
I absolutely love it! I truly wanted an Ergo but didn't want to spend $150. This is a great alternative and I can use it by myself! My son always seems to fall asleep in it. :)
Date published: 2014-12-09
Rated 3 out of
Baby loves the Moby and Moby Go
I had the Moby wrap for my son when he was a really little guy, we still use the wrap but sometimes its very much a hassle to put on when we are out and about. The Moby go is perfect because it is really easy to use. However, I am 5'3 and petite, so even at in the smallest setting it is still a little too big for my baby and I. However, it fits my hubby perfectly and baby loves it. The only warning is if you are a smaller build, it may be too big for you.
Date published: 2013-09-13