Modern Islamist Movements provides a clear and accessible examination of the history, beliefs and rationale of Islamist Groups and their grievances with the West and governments within the majority-Muslim world, while examining some of these groups' visions for a global Islamic empire.
- A clear and accessible text that examines the history, beliefs and rationale for violence emerging from Islamist movements, while examining some of these groups' visions for a global Islamic empire
- Examines Islamist grievances against the West and modern governments in the majority Muslim world, while providing an overview of Islam's relations with the West from the period of the Crusades to the modern age
- Discusses the historic development of Islamism in Egypt, the West Bank and Gaza, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Afghanistan
- Explains classic Islamic understandings of jihad and Bin Laden's, al-Qaida's, and other Islamists interpretations of this concept
- Offers an historical account of the formative relationship between al-Qaida, other Islamists, and Islamic intellectual trends beginning in the eighteenth century
- Appropriate for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as interested general readers
- Genre: Music, Social Science, Religion + Beliefs
- Subgenre: Islam / General, Genres + Styles / General, Islam / Rituals + Practice, Islamic Studies, Fundamentalism, Islam / Theology
- Format: hardcover
- Release Date:
December 6, 2011
- Date Published:
December 6, 2011
Author: JON ARMAJANI
see shipping & returns
review this item
special offers and deals.
This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend $50 on qualifying items.,
- Online Item #: 13208727
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-58-2879
- ISBN: 9781405117418
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported