March 23, 2006
March 23, 2006
It's one month after a global disaster. Manhattan has become Monster Island after a plague has turned all its denizens into shambling, rotting animated corpses, except for a couple who have kept their intelligence and also acquired psychic powers. When an expedition from Africa arrives, composed of teenage girl-soldiers and a former U.N. weapons inspector, the zombie masters mobilize their forces to kill or eat the living humans.ar-old student prepares to save her endangered peers.
The first of a trilogy, this gritty zombie thriller takes place a few months after the collapse of civilization as a result of the Epidemic's transformation of the dead into walking, brainless corpses desperately hungry for meat of any kind, including human flesh. Now, a former UN weapons inspector based in Africa and a troop of Somali girl soldiers make the hazardous journey to a zombie-filled New York in search of AIDS drugs needed by the warlord holding the inspector's seven-year-old daughter hostage. Meanwhile, elsewhere in Manhattan, the recently undead Gary, the only intelligent zombie among the hordes of the idiotic undead, comes to terms with his new existence.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: War + Military, Settings, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Horror, Family + Friendship, General, Disasters, Science Fiction + Fantasy
- Language: English
- Author: David Wellington
- Online Item #: 11722272
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-17-5512
- ISBN: 9781560258506
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported