July 9, 2013
July 9, 2013
At 5 years old, he composed a minuet. By six, he was performing for royalty. The compelling story of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is a timeless tale of musical genius, its rewards, and its pitfalls.
Author and musician Marcus Weeks takes us around Mozart's world?from the Royal courts of 18th century Europe to the opera houses and balls where Mozart enjoyed triumph and fame. We meet the kings and queens of the age, learn of the young Mozart's favorite games, see the clothes he wore, and the new musical instruments of the time. The lively text also gives readers an appreciation of Mozart's vast legacy of immortal music.
Genre: Biography + Autobiography, Music, Juvenile Nonfiction
Sub-Genre: Music / Classical, General, Instruction + Study / Composition, Biography + Autobiography / Historical, Biography + Autobiography / Music, Composers + Musicians
- Genre: Music, Biography + Autobiography, Juvenile Nonfiction
- Subgenre: Instruction + Study / Composition, Composers + Musicians, Biography + Autobiography / Music, Music / Classical, General, Biography + Autobiography / Historical
- Age: 9-12 years
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Marcus Weeks
- Online Item #: 14607879
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-82-8757
- ISBN: 9781426314513
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported