June 4, 2013
June 4, 2013
Cleopatra faced countless problems during its filming and production: passionate casting disputes, broken contracts, a costly re-location from London to Rome, an emergency tracheotomy for its star, Elizabeth Taylor, scandal-ridden gossip surrounding relationships on set, and a budget of $2 million that ballooned to final costs of $44 million. Legendary producer Walter Wanger recalls the drama that occurred both on and off the set, including the incredible obstacles he had to overcome and the exhilaration of producing a cinematic triumph. A revealing story about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton?s tempestuous romance and an insightful filmmaker?s journal, now back in print for the 50th anniversary of Cleopatra?s release, My Life with Cleopatra shares the true story of the relationship and film that enthralled the world.
Genre: Biography + Autobiography, Performing Arts
Sub-Genre: Rich + Famous, Entertainment + Performing Arts, Film + Video / History + Criticism
- Genre: Performing Arts, Biography + Autobiography
- Subgenre: Rich + Famous, Entertainment + Performing Arts, Film + Video / History + Criticism
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Joe Hyams , Walter Wanger
- Online Item #: 14545211
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-82-6526
- ISBN: 9780345804051
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported