October 6, 2009
October 6, 2009
Plumbs the depths of an immense archive--from the earliest photos collected in the late nineteenth century to the cutting-edge work of today--and offers 450 images from virtually every corner of the globe of both wildlife and human achievements in exploration, adventure, science, and more.
National Geographic, perhaps the world's most renowned institute for photography, opens the vaults to let readers examine the contents of their extensive photographic archive. While many of National Geographic's photos have become iconic over time, this collection also contains a wealth of lesser known works documenting the spectacular interactions between people and their planet. From the painstaking compositions of the 19th century to the astonishing digital images of today, the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC IMAGE COLLECTION documents the steady advancement of a science and an art form, and will be seen as a landmark volume in the history of photography.
Genre: Science, Travel, Photography
Sub-Genre: Subjects + Themes / Plants + Animals, Photojournalism, Collections + Catalogs + Exhibitions, General, Subjects + Themes / Regional, Earth Sciences / Geography
- Genre: Photography, Travel, Science
- Subgenre: Earth Sciences / Geography, Subjects + Themes / Regional, General, Collections + Catalogs + Exhibitions, Photojournalism, Subjects + Themes / Plants + Animals
- Language: English
- Author: Michelle Anne Delaney , Maura Mulvihill , National Geographic , National Geographic Society (U.S.)
- Online Item #: 11663370
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-01-4119
- ISBN: 9781426205033
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported