Transform a Good Garden into a Great Garden in One Season
What’s the secret? It’s a mix of ingenuity and efficiency, accented with fun! Newspaper, Pennies, Cardboard, and Eggs—For Growing a Better Garden
contains more than 400 clever solutions for easing garden troubles, new techniques for turning around an underperforming garden, and innovative ideas that will amaze even long-time gardeners.
If you’re looking to add more nutrients to garden soil, whip up a kitchen scrap smoothie and pour the juiced-up liquid right in the planting hole. If you need to chase away bulb-hungry voles, a little sharp-edged driveway gravel around the bulb will do the trick. And if digging potatoes is too tiresome, discover the no-dig, no-shovel method that lets you grow potatoes in a heap of straw mulch.
You’ll also discover:
- Intriguing and new plant varieties for sweeter corn, delicate salad greens, and handsome winter squash
- How to fill a shady spot with color, find affordable bulbs, rejuvenate peonies and perennials, and enjoy blossoms even when there’s snow
- A creative arsenal for dealing with backyard weeds, including vinegar, hot water, plastic, and flames
- Ways to turn inexpensive items from the garden, closet, and pantry into indispensable yard and garden helpers
Filled with usable, earth-conscious, and creative ideas and tips, this lively book will help you discover how to work smarter—not harder—to cultivate a better garden, year after year. Let a few of these suggestions and projects take root, and you’ll have the better-looking, more productive, and more rewarding garden in just one year.
- Genre: Gardening, Science
- Subgenre: Life Sciences / Horticulture, Organic, Garden Design, General, Techniques
- Format: paperback
- Release Date:
December 26, 2007
- Date Published:
December 26, 2007
Author: Organic Gardening Magazine, Roger Yepsen, Roger B. Yepsen
see shipping & returns
review this item
special offers and deals.
This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend $50 on qualifying items.,
- Online Item #: 11785570
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-22-2687
- ISBN: 9781594867033
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported