April 1, 2001
April 1, 2001
Retraces the early years of the "Secret Service," from the Pinkertons to the assassination of Lincoln, following four main characters--a spy, a rebel, an actress, and an officer.
Set in Civil War America, this novel follows the fortunes of a cast of young characters as the war makes an inevitable impact on their lives. Abolitionist Lon Price is a detective with the new firm known as Pinkerton's. Margaret Miller is a bubble-headed Southern belle. Rose Greenhow is a beautiful Confederate spy. Hanna Siegel is a young woman who wishes she could prove herself in battle. And Captain Frederick Dasher, serving in the First Virginia Cavalry under General Jeb Stuart, isn't sure why he's there. Veteran historical novelist John Jakes brings them all together in Washington D.C. in a tale that culminates with Lincoln's assassination there in 1865, just after the end of the war.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Politics, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Peoples + Cultures, Types of Characters, Love + Relationships + Sex, War + Military
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: War + Military, Love + Relationships + Sex, Types of Characters, Peoples + Cultures, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Politics
- Language: English
- Release Date: April 1, 2001
- Author: John Jakes
- Online Item #: 11770002
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-21-0261
- ISBN: 9780451204059
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported