August 25, 2005
August 25, 2005
Physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals working in today's health care settings must be prepared to offer support in dangerous times despite staffing shortages, financial pressures, and complex legal requirements. Overcoming Stress in Medical and Nursing Practice: A Guide to Professional Resilience and Personal Well-Being is a concise guide for all medical professionals who face these demands. This book: DT Provides critical information about the dangers of compassion fatigue/burnout and vicarious post-traumatic stress disorder in health care settings DT Introduces a newly-developed "Medical-Nursing Professional Secondary Stress Self-Awareness Questionnaire" that can be profitably self-administered at each phase of one's career and reflected upon in private, with one's mentor, or in a small group setting DT Includes a unique section on strengthening one's inner life through the use of three core spiritual wisdom approaches drawn from a world religion perspective DT Provides a description of four types of "voices" one needs to have in one's circle of friends to ensure that balance, perspective, growth, and challenge are fostered in one's personal and professional life DT Describes how physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals can formulate a personally-designed self-care protocol for themselves Lastly, this book offers an extensive and up-to date bibliography of recent research, clinical papers, and books on medical-nursing practice and secondary stress. Overcoming Stress in Medical and Nursing Practice is an indispensable resource for medical and nursing professionals, students, and the counselors and therapists who work with them.
- Genre: Language + Art + Disciplines, Health + Wellness, Business + Money Management, Computers + Internet, Medical, Performing Arts, Self Improvement, Political Science, Science, Freedom + Security / Law Enforcement, Education, Psychology
- Subgenre: Caregiving, Journalism, Mental Health, Mass Media, Industrial + Organizational Psychology, Life Sciences / Genetics + Genomics, Medical Law + Legislation, Home Care, Healthy Living, Psychopathology / General, Personal Growth / Memory Improvement, General, Preventive Medicine, Terminal Care, Health Policy, Information Management, Physician + Patient, Nursing / General, Political Ideologies / Democracy, Nursing / Home + Community Care, Stress Management, History, Insurance / Health, Management Information Systems
- Language: English
- Author: Robert J. Wicks
- Online Item #: 12927820
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-53-5186
- ISBN: 9780195172232
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported