February 1, 2005
February 1, 2005
Personal Hygiene? What's that Got to Do with Me? is a curriculum developed for students with autism, Asperger's Syndrome, learning and developmental disabilities, designed to help them understand how others perceive their appearance and the social implications of neglecting personal hygiene. Simple factual information is accompanied by humorous cartoons that emphasize how others view someone with poor hygiene. Step-by-step cartoons explain exactly what the student needs to do to ensure good hygiene. Quizzes and activity pages provide numerous opportunities for repetition and reinforcement of the key points. There are also hands-on activities to demonstrate why and how to perform various hygiene tasks. Several social stories are also provided, along with a set of worksheets that help students set up a daily schedule to allow time for completing necessary hygiene tasks.
Genre: Juvenile Nonfiction, Biography + Autobiography, Family + Relationships, Psychology, Education
Sub-Genre: Social Issues / Special Needs, Home Schooling, General, Health + Daily Living / Personal Hygiene, Mental Illness, Social Scientists + Psychologists, Psychopathology / General, Psychopathology / Autism
- Genre: Education, Psychology, Family + Relationships, Biography + Autobiography, Juvenile Nonfiction
- Subgenre: Psychopathology / Autism, Psychopathology / General, Social Scientists + Psychologists, Mental Illness, Health + Daily Living / Personal Hygiene, General, Home Schooling, Social Issues / Special Needs
- Age: Teen
- Language: English
- Release Date: February 1, 2005
- Author: PAT CRISSEY , Noah Crissey
- Online Item #: 13407590
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-64-5825
- ISBN: 9781843107965
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported