- Indonesian, also known as Bahasa Indonesia, is the official language of Indonesia.
- Indonesia is a form of Malay, an Austronesian (or Malayo-Polynesian) language, which had been used as a lingua franca in the Indonesian archipelago for centuries.
- Standard Indonesian pronunciation, which is taught in this course, is based on the language of Jakarta.
- Indonesian is spoken by nearly 35 million people as a first language and by 150 million people as a second language. It is also spoken in Thailand, East Timor, Sri Lanka, Africa, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Netherlands, and the US.
- Besides Indonesian, there are over 300 local languages spoken in Indonesia, however, Indonesian is the primary language in education, government, business and communication.
- Written Indonesian uses the Latin alphabet (like English), there are 26 letters.
Receive an instant credit of $150 to trade up from the Conversational to the full Level 1 Comprehensive.
- New sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Indonesian language instruction (the first sixteen Units of Pimsleur’s 30-Unit Comprehensive Program), replaces the Compact Indonesian.
- Essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drink, deal with currency, scheduling a meal or meeting and to give and ask for directions. Learn to speak with near-native pronunciation skills.
- No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
- Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
- Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
- Genre: Foreign Language Study
- Subgenre: Oceanic + Australian Languages
- Edition: Bilingual
- Format: audioCD
- Release Date:
December 14, 2010
- Date Published:
December 14, 2010
see shipping & returns
review this item
special offers and deals.
This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend $50 on qualifying items.,
- Online Item #: 12985996
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-55-3120
- ISBN: 9780743598842
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported