January 1, 2012
January 1, 2012
POLICE ETHICS, 2nd Edition complements traditional police training by illustrating the importance of and techniques for employing ethics in law enforcement. Ethical clarity is especially critical for the police professional - perhaps uniquely so - because the ethical point of view determines the way "police competence" is understood. In addition to the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics, the book promotes an "ethic to live by" for officers, and applies various schools of ethical thought to practical examples in policing. The authors avoid dictating rules and labeling behaviors as inherently good or bad, instead providing the tools necessary for making intelligent, impartial decisions from a positive perspective. Expanded to include philosophical background, practical applications, and more examples of ethics in action, POLICE ETHICS, 2nd Edition is an ideal resource for officers in training and experienced professionals alike.
Genre: Political Science, Freedom + Security / Law Enforcement, Social Science
Sub-Genre: Criminology, Criminal Procedure, Ethics + Professional Responsibility, Political Freedom + Security / Law Enforcement
- Genre: Political Science, Freedom + Security / Law Enforcement, Social Science
- Subgenre: Ethics + Professional Responsibility, Political Freedom + Security / Law Enforcement, Criminology, Criminal Procedure
- Language: English
- Author: Douglas W. Perez , J. Alan Moore
- Online Item #: 13858383
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-77-4802
- ISBN: 9781111544515
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported