September 1, 2008
Frustrated at life with an autistic brother, twelve-year-old Catherine longs for a normal existence, but her world is further complicated by a friendship with a young paraplegic.
At 12, Catherine is on the cusp of her teen years, and having an especially hard time with her autistic little brother, David. While she loves him dearly, she constantly makes up rules for him so he'll be more normal, and she hopes the new next-door neighbor girl won't think he's crazy. When Catherine becomes friends with Jason, a wheelchair bound boy who communicates through pictures, she discovers both her capacity for affection and some unpleasant things about herself. A 2007 Newbery Honor Book.
Genre: Juvenile Fiction
Sub-Genre: General, Social Issues / Friendship, Social Issues / Special Needs, Health + Daily Living / General, Family / Siblings
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Family / Siblings, Health + Daily Living / General, Social Issues / Special Needs, Social Issues / Friendship, General
- Age: 9-12 years
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Release Date: September 1, 2008
- Author: Cynthia Lord
- Online Item #: 11341497
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-13-0401
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported