June 1, 2009
June 1, 2009
"A collection of simple and satisfying recipes for crisps, slumps, buckles, grunts, and other old-timey desserts by a beloved Portland bakery owner in collaboration with one of the region's top chefs"--Provided by publisher.
The succulent magic of in-season fruit simply mixed with sugar, butter, and flour creates complex and wonderful flavors. Taking home cooks back to a time when using up the last of the blackberries meant making a buckle or pie or crumble, this baking book will be enjoyed. Recipes include Apple and Rhubarb Pandowdy; Cherry Almond Bars; Lemon Blueberry Buckle; Upside-Down Sweet Cherry Cake; and Olive Oil Citrus Cake. With photographs.
Genre: Cooking + Food + Wine
Sub-Genre: Courses + Dishes / Confectionery, Courses + Dishes / Desserts, Specific Ingredients / Fruit
- Genre: Cooking + Food + Wine
- Subgenre: Specific Ingredients / Fruit, Courses + Dishes / Desserts, Courses + Dishes / Confectionery
- Publisher: Ten Speed Pr
- Pages: 164
- Language: English
- Release Date: June 1, 2009
- Author: Julie Richardson , Cory Schreiber
- Online Item #: 11729853
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-01-9087
- ISBN: 9781580089760
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported