April 12, 2011
April 12, 2011
On the anniversary of the roundup of Jews by the French police in Paris, Julia is asked to write an article on this dark episode and embarks on an investigation that leads her to long-hidden family secrets and to the ordeal of Sarah.
Julia Jarmond, an American journalist living in Paris with her French husband Bertrand, is assigned to write about the roundup and transportation of Jews from Paris to Auschwitz in 1942. During her research she discovers that her and Bertrand's home was purchased by his parents after the Jewish family that lived there was deported to the death camps. Julia becomes increasingly obsessed and disturbed by the story of the family, particularly that of Sarah Starzynski, the 10-year old girl who would become the only survivor of the ****** occupation. Both Julia's and Sarah's stories are harrowing and fascinating. Tatiana de Rosnay's 10th novel has been translated into more than a dozen languages.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Conflicts + Dualities, Jewish, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Peoples + Cultures, War + Military, Human Qualities + Behavior, Family + Friendship, Types of Characters, Work + the Workplace, Holocaust, Literary
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Literary, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Jewish, Holocaust, Work + the Workplace, War + Military, Types of Characters, Conflicts + Dualities, Family + Friendship, Human Qualities + Behavior, Peoples + Cultures
- Edition: Large Print
- Language: English
- Author: Tatiana de Rosnay
- Online Item #: 13512021
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-67-2906
- ISBN: 9781594134951
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported