March 13, 2013
September 30, 2008
On the sixtieth anniversary of the 1942 roundup of Jews by the French police in the Vel d'Hiv section of Paris, American journalist Julia Jarmond is asked to write an article on this dark episode during World War II and embarks on an investigation that leads her to long-hidden family secrets and to the ordeal of Sarah, a young girl caught up in the raid. Reprint. 75,000 first printing.
Julia Jarmond, an American journalist living in Paris with her French husband Bertrand, is assigned to write about the roundup and transportation of Jews from Paris to Auschwitz in 1942. During her research she discovers that her and Bertrand's home was purchased by his parents after the Jewish family that lived there was deported to the death camps. Julia becomes increasingly obsessed and disturbed by the story of the family, particularly that of Sarah Starzynski, the 10-year old girl who would become the only survivor of the ****** occupation. Both Julia's and Sarah's stories are harrowing and fascinating. Tatiana de Rosnay's 10th novel has been translated into more than a dozen languages.
Author: Tatiana de Rosnay
Genre: Religion + Beliefs, Social Science, Literary Criticism, History, Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres, Biography + Autobiography
Sub-Genre: Conflicts + Dualities, Types of Characters, War + Military, Women Authors, Peoples + Cultures, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Literary, Jewish, Judaism / General, Human Qualities + Behavior, Holocaust, Family + Friendship, Ethnic Studies / General, General
- Genre: Biography + Autobiography, Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres, Literary Criticism, Religion + Beliefs, Social Science, History
- Subgenre: Conflicts + Dualities, War + Military, Judaism / General, Holocaust, Jewish, Family + Friendship, Peoples + Cultures, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Types of Characters, Ethnic Studies / General, Literary, Human Qualities + Behavior, Women Authors, General
- Publisher: Griffin
- Pages: 293
- Release Date: September 30, 2008
- Online Item #: 11326388
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-04-2114
- ISBN: 9780312370848
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported