June 1, 2011
June 1, 2011
Brian "Head" Welch, founder and lead guitarist for the nu metal mega-band Korn, was at the pinnacle of the rock world but in the throes of despair. His addiction to alcohol and speed was spiraling out of control, and despite the millions of dollars and millions of fans, Welch had lost any purpose in life. When he saw his 5-year-old daughter singing the lyrics to Korn's song A.D.I.D.A.S., a vulgar ode to sex, he knew something had to give. In 2005, to the shock of his bandmates and the rock world, Welch became a born-again Christian, quit the band, and gave up sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll cold turkey. His honest, heartfelt memoir exposes the hedonistic and soulless life of a rock-star, and tells how Jesus Christ saved him from himself.
- Genre: Biography + Autobiography, Music, Self Improvement, Religion + Beliefs, Psychology
- Subgenre: Substance Abuse + Addictions / Alcoholism, Psychopathology / Addiction, Personal Memoirs, Musical Instruments / Guitar, Genres + Styles / Rock, General, Composers + Musicians, Religious, Genres + Styles / Heavy Metal
- Edition: Unabridged
- Language: English
- Author: Brian Welch
- Narrator: Ray Porter (Narrator)
- Online Item #: 13283697
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-61-4086
- ISBN: 9781441786173
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported