June 1, 1989
June 1, 1989
Kate is only eighteen when she meets Tom Harper, one of America's biggest pro-football stars. They share an idyllic and glamorous first love. But the bullet that suddenly ends Tom's career also ends their life together. A failed suicide attempt will leave him mentally and physically disabled forever. Kate will be left alone, heartbroken, and pregnant with their son. Soon she will have another chance at love, but it will mean learning to let go of the past and learning to trust again.
Tom and Kate's life is shattered when his pro-football career is ended by injuries suffered from a gunshot. Devastated, Tom attempts suicide but survives, only to be mentally and physically disabled. Alone and carrying their unborn son, Kate, a child bride, grows up quickly. But will she ever be able to open her heart and learn to love again?
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: General, Romance, Conflicts + Dualities, Family + Friendship
- Edition: Reissue
- Language: English
- Author: Danielle Steel
- Online Item #: 12716037
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-49-0031
- ISBN: 9780440177043
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported