May 1, 2008
May 1, 2008
In See Sam Run, writer and journalist Peggy Heinkel-Wolfe describes how her parenthood quickly descended into chaos as her son, Sam, became uncommunicative and unmanageable. "I'd grown to hate making entries in his baby book," she writes. "The energy I had before he was born, when I wrote paragraphs anticipating his arrival, was gone now, Writing down Sam's barest achievements felt fraudulent." Little by little, she found a new truth: that by learning to understand the ugliness inside herself, she learned to love her new life and her son, and to harness, at last, the energy needed to realize Sam's fullest potential.
See Sam Run reaches deep into the heart of anyone whose life has been touched by developmental disability - and it will resonate profoundly with those who have been transformed by a newfound ability to love.
- Genre: Biography + Autobiography, Family + Relationships, Psychology, Social Science
- Subgenre: Psychopathology / Autism, Children with Special Needs, General, Handicapped
- Publisher: Univ of North Texas Pr
- Pages: 186
- Language: English
- Author: Peggy Heinkel-wolfe
- Online Item #: 11797419
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-23-2383
- ISBN: 9781574412444
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported