Howard Zieff directed this comedy-drama about the emotional awakening of a young girl in a small Pennsylvania town during the summer of 1972. Anna Chlumsky plays eleven-year-old Vada, a quiet child living with her widowed father Harry Dultenfuss (Dan Aykroyd), a local mortician who prepares bodies in his basement. Vada feels responsible for the death of her mother, who died giving birth to her, and lives in an emotional cocoon, her only friend being a personable local boy, Thomas J. Sennett (Macauly Culkin), who suffers from allergies. Like Vada, Harry keeps to himself, until a freelance make-up artist, Shelly DeVoto (Jamie Lee Curtis), comes to town and gets a job working with Harry. Shelly and Harry fall in love and Vada feels threatened by her presence. But then a personal tragedy forces Vada to come out of her emotional shell. Paul Brenner, Rovi
In this sequel to My Girl, Vada Sultenfuss (Anna Chlumsky) is now thirteen and at the crossroads of adolescence, beginning to question her past. Her father Harry (Dan Aykroyd) is now married to Shelly (Jamie Lee Curtis) and preoccupied with an expectant child. Vada feels left out and decides to write about her mother -- whom she knows nothing about -- for a school project. Vada wants to travel to Los Angeles during spring break to find out more about her mother by interviewing old friends and acquaintances. Harry is reluctant to let her go but finally agrees when he arranges for her to stay with her Uncle Phil (Richard Masur), who lives in L.A. with his girlfriend Rose (Christine Ebersole) and Rose's son Nick (Austin O'Brien), who happens to be the same age as Vada. Together Vada and Nick travel all over Los Angeles, uncovering revelations about Vada's mother and her past. Paul Brenner, Rovi
- Comedy Drama
- Childhood Drama, Teen Movie, Coming-of-Age
- Haunted By the Past, Starting Over, Single Parents, Discovering One's Heritage, Journey of Self-Discovery, Fathers and Daughters, Eccentric Families
- 03 hr 21 min
- French , Spanish , Portuguese , English
- French , Spanish , English , Portuguese
- December 29, 2009
- Anna Chlumsky , Macaulay Culkin , Austin O'Brien , Dan Aykroyd
- Richard Beymer , Jodie Markell , Anthony Jones , Keone Young , Gerritt Graham , Aubrey Morris , Angeline Ball , Ann Nelson , John David Souther , Griffin Dunne , Richard Masur , Christine Ebersole , Jamie Lee Curtis , Anthony Giaimo , Zachary McLemore , Tom Villard , Shane Obedzinski , Robert V. Girolami , Megan Butler , Kevin Sifuentes , Jodie Wilson , Henry Kohn , Harvey Bellman , Devon Gummersall , Cassi Abel , Brendan Cowles , Bree Butler , Amanda Cole , T.J. Collazo , Ray Buktenica , Nancy L. Chlumsky , John de Russy , Jane Hallaren , Florence Mistrot , Alex Nevil , Anthony Finazzo , Bart Sumner , Ben Stein , Bill Cordell , Charles Fleischer , Dan Hildebrand , Dave Caprita , Edgar Allan Poe IV , Kurt Smildsin , Lynn Sellers , Rachel Wagner , Peter Michael Goetz , Paul Nagle Jr. , Linda Perri , Lara Steinick , Kristian Truelsen , Glenda Chism , George D. Wallace , George Colangelo , David Purdham
- Howard Zieff
special offers and deals.
free standard shipping with $50 purchase, offer details.
- Made in the USA or Imported