March 8, 2013
February 1, 2010
In this coming-of-age true story, Raina just wants to be a normal sixth grader, but one night after Girl Scouts she trips and falls, severely injuring her two front teeth, and what follows is a long and frustrating journey with on-again, off-again braces, surgery, embarrassing headgear and even a retainer with fake teeth attached--on top of all that, there's a major earthquake, boy confusion and friends who turn out to be not so friendly. Simultaneous.
From sixth grade through tenth, Raina copes with a variety of dental problems that affect her appearance and how she feels about herself.
Genre: Juvenile Nonfiction, Health + Wellness, Comics + Graphic Novels, Education, Medical, Self Improvement
Sub-Genre: Dentistry / Orthodontics, Dentistry / General, Beauty + Grooming, Oral Health, Social Issues / Adolescence, Reference, General, Personal Growth / Self-Esteem
- Genre: Self Improvement, Education, Health + Wellness, Comics + Graphic Novels, Juvenile Nonfiction, Medical
- Subgenre: Dentistry / Orthodontics, Dentistry / General, Social Issues / Adolescence, Reference, Personal Growth / Self-Esteem, Beauty + Grooming, General, Oral Health
- Age: 9-12 years
- Language: English
- Author: Raina Telgemeier
- Online Item #: 12118351
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-13-0666
- ISBN: 9780545132060
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported