March 29, 2011
March 29, 2011
Tart and Sweet is the essential canning manual for the 21st century, providing a modern tutorial on small-batch canning accompanied by easy-to-follow photos and instructions as well as more than 101 sweet and savory recipes for preserved fruits and pickled vegetables, including jams, chutneys, marmalades, syrups, relishes, sauces, and salsas.
With traditional favorites like canned peaches and bread-and-butter pickles as well as more inventive flavor combinations such as kumquat marmalade and pickled ramps, Tart and Sweet offers endless possibilities for creative preserving. In addition, you’ll find recipes and inspiration for using your canned goods in delicious and unique ways, from cocktails to cakes.
Whether you’re assembling a plate of pickled hors d’oeuvres, baking with fresh apple butter, or gifting jars of blueberry jam in December, you’ll find countless uses for your homemade preserves.
Genre: Gardening, Cooking + Food + Wine
Sub-Genre: Vegetables, Methods / Canning + Preserving, Specific Ingredients / Vegetables, Specific Ingredients / Fruit
- Genre: Cooking + Food + Wine, Gardening
- Subgenre: Specific Ingredients / Fruit, Specific Ingredients / Vegetables, Methods / Canning + Preserving, Vegetables
- Language: English
- Release Date: March 29, 2011
- Author: Kelly Geary , Jessie Knadler
- Online Item #: 13263070
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-60-9730
- ISBN: 9781605293820
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported