Errol Flynn are the on-screen spark plugs in this bracing propaganda yarn, which relies on the personalities of its casts as well as the lively direction of Raoul Walsh to overcome the improbabilities of its plot. In 1942, a lone RAF bomber flying deep into Germany (just inside the old Polish border) is shot down after completing its mission. The skipper is killed, and left in command is Flight Lieutenant Terry Forbes (Errol Flynn), an Australian who plans on leaving damage behind on the ground so the Germans remember him, even if he doesn't make it back to England. The rest of the crew consists of brash American bombardier Johnny Hammond (Ronald Reagan), bookish Canadian navigator Jed Forrest (Arthur Kennedy), wide-eyed Flight Sergeant Lloyd Hollis (Ronald Sinclair), the son of a World War I hero, and First World War veteran Kirk Edwards (Alan Hale, Sr.). They're captured in short order, and brought before Luftwaffe Major Otto Baumeister (Raymond Massey) for interrogation -- they not only manage to escape, but gather some information vital to the Allied war effort. Now they only have to figure out how to cross most of Germany and Holland, avoiding capture along the way by a mix of sheer daring, blind luck, and assistance from two anti-****** Germans (Nancy Coleman, Albert Bassermann) -- and just when it seems that all of the odds have turned against them, they find themselves faced with a German plot to wipe out a major part of London, and one last opportunity to get home. Bruce Eder, Rovi
Uncertain Glory finds Errol Flynn atypically cast as French criminal Jean Picard, a craven coward whose many misdeeds have earned him a date with the guillotine. Detective Marcel Bonet (Paul Lukas) intends to see that Picard keeps his appointment with the executioner, despite the fact that there's a war on. When the ****** capture 100 French hostages to force a resistance saboteur to surrender himself, Picard offers to pose as the saboteur and thereby save the lives of the innocent villagers. In truth, he plans to escape once he's turned himself over to the ******, leaving the villagers in the lurch, but at the last moment his latent patriotism overcomes his sense of self-preservation. Errol Flynn's character is almost as inconsistent as the script, but war films invariably made money in 1944. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Combat Films, Propaganda Film, War Adventure, War Drama, Resistance Film, Adventure Drama
- Behind Enemy Lines, Redemption, Military Life, Heroic Mission, Life Under Occupation
- 09 hr 25 min
- French , Spanish , English
- August 3, 2010
- Errol Flynn , Ann Sheridan , Mel Blanc , Burgess Meredith , Arthur Q. Bryan
- Wallis Clark , John Whitney , Rose Higgins , Robert O. Davis , Helene Thimig , Hugh Beaumont , Odette Myrtil , Roman Bohnen , Alec Craig , Sheldon Leonard , John Beal , Warren Douglas , Dennis Hoey , Charles Irwin , Charles Dingle , Bernard Nedell , Louis Arco , Ruth Gordon , Douglas Dumbrille , Tom Tully , Ronald Sinclair , Warner Anderson , Gene Lockhart , Faye Emerson , Pat O'Moore , George Tobias , John Ridgely , Tom Fadden , Judith Anderson , Sig Rumann , Lucile Watson , James Brown , Raymond Massey , Arthur Kennedy , William Prince , Jean Sullivan , Helmut Dantine , Walter Huston , Ronald Reagan , James Flavin , Henry Victor , Harlan Miller , Glen Cavender , George Sherwood , Gene Garrick , Francis Pierlot , Douglas Walton , Carl Ekberg , Bill Kennedy , Vera Lewis , Paul Panzer , Pat Moriarity , Otto Reichow , William Hopper , Ludwig Hardt , Lester Sharpe , Jimmie Dugan , James Millican , Ilka Gruning , Nancy Coleman , Lotta Williams , William Edmunds , Ken Christy , Virginia Christine , Sven Hugo Borg , Sarah Padden , Sam Waagenaar , Russell Hicks , Rolf Lindau , Robert Hutton , John Forsythe , Henry Rowland , Harold Daniels , Ferdinand Schumann-Heink , Elsa Basserman , Eddie Searles , Creighton Hale , Carlyle Blackwell , Bruce Lister , Bob Stephenson , Anthony Caruso , Albert Basserman , Alan Hale , Guy Kingsford , George Lynn , Hugh Prosser , James Farley , John Alvin , Kurt Katch , Paul Irving , Peter Van Eyck , Richard Allen , Sigfrid Tor , Walt LaRue , Walter Bonn , Jack Lomas , Richard Erdman , Peter Michael , Michael Mark , Martin Noble , Mark Stevens , Kurt Kreuger , Joyce Tucker , Herbert Heywood , Erville Alderson , Ben Erway , Barry Bernard , Arthur E. Gould-Porter , Richard Kipling , Robert Kent , Roland Varno , Arno Frey , Charles Marsh , Frank Alten , Fred Kelsey , George Kirby , Hans Schumm , Frank Wilcox , George Tyne , Joel Friedkin , Felix Basch , Erskine Sanford , Bobby Walberg , Pedro de Cordoba , Lester Matthews , John Sheridan , Torben Meyer , Charles La Torre , Tonio Selwart , Mary Servoss , Carl Harbaugh , Rodd Redwing , Henry Brandon , William Hudson , Art Smith , Morris Carnovsky , Albert van Antwerp , Frank Tang , Joe Herrera , Richard Fraser , Don Phillips , Ivan Triesault , John Royce , Dorothy Tree , Victor Kilian , Harry Lewis , Joel Allen , Walter Brooke , Monte Blue , Henry Hull , Jonathan Hale , Paul Lukas , Julie Bishop , Dane Clark , Knox Manning , Tom Neal , Mel Blanc
- Raoul Walsh , Lewis Milestone , Norm McCabe , Friz Freleng , Ray Enright , Bob Clampett , Chuck Jones , Frank Tashlin
special offers and deals.
free standard shipping with $50 purchase, offer details.
- Made in the USA or Imported