November 1, 2002
November 1, 2002
Ten years ago, aspiring newspaper editor Kevin Williams convinced Elizabeth Coblentz, an Old Order Amish wife and mother, to write a weekly cooking column called 130;196;250;The Amish Cook.130;196;249; Each week Elizabeth shares a family recipe and discusses daily life on her Indiana farm, spent with her husband, Ben, and their eight children and 32 grandchildren. THE AMISH COOK, a full-color cookbook based on Elizabeth's columns, compiles more than 75 traditional Amish recipes, photographs of the Coblentz farm, practical gardening tips, cherished family tales, and firsthand accounts of traditional Amish events like corn-husking bees and barn raisings. A truly unique collaboration between a simple Amish grandmother and a modern-day newspaperman, THE AMISH COOK is a poignant and authentic look at a disappearing way of life.130;196;162; 130;196;250;The Amish Cook130;196;249; column is syndicated in more than 100 newspapers nationwide.130;196;162; Elizabeth wrote THE AMISH COOK in longhand by the light of a kerosene lamp.130;196;162; Elizabeth has been a writer for the Amish newspaper, The Budget, for 40 years.
Genre: Cooking + Food + Wine
Sub-Genre: Regional + Ethnic /American/Middle Atlantic States, Regional + Ethnic /American/Middle Western States, Regional + Ethnic / American / General, Essays, Regional + Ethnic / General
- Genre: Cooking + Food + Wine
- Subgenre: Regional + Ethnic / General, Essays, Regional + Ethnic / American / General, Regional + Ethnic /American/Middle Western States, Regional + Ethnic /American/Middle Atlantic States
- Publisher: Ten Speed Pr
- Language: English
- Release Date: November 1, 2002
- Author: Elizabeth Coblentz , Kevin Williams
- Online Item #: 11466366
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-03-7819
- ISBN: 9781580082143
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported