March 5, 2013
April 9, 2013
The Approaching Great Transformation is about the coming shift in how we act and think in the world economically as the era of cheap oil comes to an end. The purpose of this book is to provide inspiration for those seeking to be part of the ongoing global effort to move away from our dependency on fossil fuels and ceaseless growth and toward a more sustainable, stable, and just system.
The central theme of The Approaching Great Transformation is that with vision and deliberate action communities around the world can break out of habitual ways of producing and consuming things and move optimistically toward something better. It provides a philosophical basis and guidelines for citizens we are working to develop new and very different economic institutions that are centered on self-reliance, ecological permanence, stability, and a celebration of human creativity.
In time, these institutional developments will lead to the positive evolution of economic systems and human culture. This book documents examples and stories of this work that is already being done. The Approaching Great Transformation extends the ideas put forth in his previous book, Mindful Economics, and like the first book it is written primarily for American readers.
- Genre: Social Science, Business + Money Management, Political Science, Technology
- Subgenre: Future Studies, Development / Sustainable Development, Economics / Theory, Economics / General, Public Policy / Environmental Policy
- Language: English
- Release Date: April 9, 2013
- Author: Joel Magnuson
- Online Item #: 14377410
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-81-8544
- ISBN: 9781609804800
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported