Gena Rowlands won an Emmy for her towering portrayal of former first lady Betty Ford . After surviving breast cancer, the feisty Ford earns the love and admiration of the entire country. This makes it all the harder for her to keep private her biggest personal battle -- against alcohol and prescription-drug addiction. Josef Sommer and Nan Woods co-star respectively as Gerald and Susan Ford in this sensitive but candid adaptation of Betty Ford 's autobiography -The Times of My Life . Made for television, The Betty Ford Story was first telecast on March 3, 1987. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Docudrama, Biopic [feature]
- Drug Addiction, Alcoholism
- 01 hr 33 min
- November 17, 2009
- Nan Woods , Concetta Tomei , Jack Radar , Gena Rowlands , Josef Sommer
- Don Stewart , Toni Sawyer , Stanley Grover , Michael Flanagan , Grant Loud , Frank Birney , Sierra Pecheur , Richardson Morse , Richard Kuss , Peter Jason , Sheila Kelley , Patricia Allison , Charles Howerton , Ben Rawnsley , Laura Leigh Hughes , John Hostetter , Daniel McDonald , Eric Menyuk , Ellen Blake , Kenneth Tigar , Michael Greene , Muriel Minot , Bradley Whitford , Joan McMurtrey , John David Conti , Brian McNamara , Annie O'Donnell
- David Greene
Rating: NR - Substance Abuse
special offers and deals.
free standard shipping with $50 purchase, offer details.
- Made in the USA or Imported