November 9, 2010
November 9, 2010
Buck, is a four year old shepherd dog, living a pampered life as an estate dog. His life changes when he is suddenly kidnapped and sold into service during the Klondike gold rush, for he is made to haul heavy sleds through the deep snow fields. Being in a new environment, he soon discovers his dominant primordial instinct. He learns not only to survive, but also flourishes in it.
Jack London's The Call of the Wild is a masterpiece in both its style, which set a standard for generations to come, and for its genre, raising adventure writing to the level of classic literature. While being exciting and entertaining, Buck's story is also intelligent and thought provoking - a story for all ages.
THE CALL OF THE WILD, Jack London's masterpiece, tells the gripping tale of a dog named Buck who is wrenched out of his life of ease and luxury to become a sled dog in Alaska. Drawing on his wolf heritage, Buck must fight for survival in an alien environment.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction, Comics + Graphic Novels
Sub-Genre: Nature + Animals, Action + Adventure / General, Settings, Classics, Animals / Wolves, Animals / Dogs, Westerns, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Human Qualities + Behavior, Conflicts + Dualities, Action + Thrillers, Literary
- Genre: Comics + Graphic Novels, Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Literary, Action + Thrillers, Conflicts + Dualities, Human Qualities + Behavior, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Westerns, Animals / Dogs, Animals / Wolves, Classics, Settings, Action + Adventure / General, Nature + Animals
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Release Date: November 9, 2010
- Author: Jack London
- Illustrator: Sachin Nagar
- Online Item #: 13173320
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-58-1199
- ISBN: 9789380028330
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported