July 6, 2010
July 6, 2010
Before Bram Stoker's Dracula, Jules Verne, master of science fiction, wrote this eerie tale of the supernatural set in a forgotten valley in the mountains of Transylvania.
In a tiny village, cut off from the outside world, unnatural events are menacing the populace. Apparitions of vampires and zombies terrorize the townsfolk, and they come to believe that the Devil occupies the abandoned castle looming over their town. A visitor to the region, a young count, vows to liberate the town from this thrall-pitting his reason against the forces of evil and superstition. Yet he too must confront the limits of reason when he views, in the depths of the castle, his long-dead love...
This gripping story-a genre-making first-has long been unavailable. Melville House is proud to present it here in a brilliant new translation by award-winning translator Charlotte Mandell.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Science Fiction + Fantasy, Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Classics, Horror, Religion + Beliefs
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Science Fiction + Fantasy, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Religion + Beliefs, Horror, Classics
- Publisher: Melville House Pub
- Pages: 223
- Language: English
- Release Date: July 6, 2010
- Author: Jules Verne
- Online Item #: 12352569
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-44-8731
- ISBN: 9781935554080
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported