May 1, 2002
May 1, 2002
Two shipwreck victims, Phillip, a blind, white American boy, and Timothy, an old black sailor, are stranded on a small island in the Caribbean. Being totally dependent on Timothy, Phillip must overcome his prejudice in this adventure story of survival, adjustment, and learning to accept differences in people.
Genre: Social Science, Juvenile Fiction, Transportation, Family + Relationships
Sub-Genre: Social Issues / Friendship, Ethnic Studies / African-American Studies, Ships + Shipbuilding / General, Sociology / General, Friendship, Action + Adventure / General, People + Places / Other, Prejudice, Social Issues / Prejudice + Racism
- Genre: Family + Relationships, Transportation, Juvenile Fiction, Social Science
- Subgenre: Social Issues / Prejudice + Racism, Prejudice, People + Places / Other, Action + Adventure / General, Friendship, Sociology / General, Ships + Shipbuilding / General, Ethnic Studies / African-American Studies, Social Issues / Friendship
- Age: 9-12 years
- Publisher: Yearling Books
- Pages: 137
- Author: Theodore Taylor
- Online Item #: 12084181
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-35-2947
- ISBN: 9780440416630
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported