December 1, 2002
December 1, 2002
Introducing the fitness program designed by a physical therapist exclusively for women — proven to increase strength, tone muscles and reduce aches and pains in just 15 minutes a day!
Few women realize that most popular fitness regimens are designed for men. Yet women have their own unique fitness needs — and using a program developed with men’s bodies in mind is not only ineffective, but can actually result in injury.
Renowned physical therapist Peggy Brill has devoted her life to developing an exercise program specifically for women. Based on her understanding of movement dynamics and body structure, these exercises focus on developing and balancing the muscles in the anatomical center of the body — the core — which includes the back, hip and abdominal muscles.
Peggy’s remarkable head-to-toe workout targets the “hot spot” areas — neck, back, pelvis, hips, knees — that cause problems for even the healthiest women. In just 15 minutes a day, The Core Program’s easy-to-learn exercises will help women:
• Strengthen their bodies to achieve balance and alignment
• Eliminate everyday aches and pains
• Prevent bone loss
• Protect against osteoarthritis
• Improve sleep, digestion and circulation
• Enjoy better sex
• Feel energized all day long
• Overcome the effects of aging
With inspirational case histories, detailed photographs illustrating each exercise and self-tests for rating balance, flexibility and strength, The Core Program is an owner’s manual for the naturally strong, healthy body every woman should have.
From the Hardcover edition.
Genre: Sports + Recreation, Education, Health + Wellness
Sub-Genre: Women's Health
- Genre: Health + Wellness, Education, Sports + Recreation
- Subgenre: Women's Health
- Publisher: Bantam Dell Pub Group
- Pages: 256
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Release Date: December 1, 2002
- Author: Peggy Brill , Gerald Secor Couzens
- Online Item #: 11339205
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-00-7134
- ISBN: 9780553380842
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported