March 13, 2013
November 1, 2011
Now a major motion picture starring George Clooney and directed by Alexander Payne
Fortunes have changed for the King family, descendants of Hawaiian royalty and one of the state's largest landowners. Matthew King's daughters-Scottie, a feisty ten-year-old, and Alex, a seventeen-year-old recovering drug addict-are out of control, and their charismatic, thrill-seeking mother, Joanie, lies in a coma after a boat-racing accident. She will soon be taken off life support. As Matt gathers his wife's friends and family to say their final goodbyes, a difficult situation is made worse by the sudden discovery that there's one person who hasn't been told: the man with whom Joanie had been having an affair. Forced to examine what they owe not only to the living but to the dead, Matt, Scottie, and Alex take to the road to find Joanie's lover, on a memorable journey that leads to unforeseen humor, growth, and profound revelations.
Look for special features inside.
Join the Circle for author chats and more.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: General, Stages of Life, Medicine + Health, Love + Relationships + Sex, Family + Friendship
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Stages of Life, General, Family + Friendship, Medicine + Health, Love + Relationships + Sex
- Publisher: Random House, Inc.
- Pages: 320
- Language: English
- Release Date: November 1, 2011
- Author: Kaui Hart Hemmings
- Online Item #: 13734968
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-04-1060
- ISBN: 9780812982954
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported