August 22, 2006
August 22, 2006
The founder of the first clinic in the country to study and treat women's brain functions provides a truly comprehensive look at the way women's minds work, combining two decades of research, real-life stories, and all of the latest information from the scientific community at large. 35,000 first printing.
The stunning revelations in Louann Brizendine's THE FEMALE BRAIN are stunning because they confirm what many have long seen or noted: that women and men are different, not just physically but psychologically, and that they perceive the world differently from each other. What is new is that Dr. Brizendine has the research--her own--to confirm and explain this phenomenon. A neuropsychiatrist who has spent years researching brain structure and development, Dr. Brizendine shares her findings and those of others, as she explains difficult concepts in terms that lay readers can understand, and provides case studies that explain how the brain is, in effect, hard-wired in ways that help determine both our psychologies and our sense of self.
Genre: Science, Social Science, Medical, Health + Wellness
Sub-Genre: Neurology, Neuroscience, Women's Studies, Women's Health, Life Sciences / Human Anatomy + Physiology, Physiology, Endocrinology + Metabolism
- Genre: Health + Wellness, Medical, Social Science, Science
- Subgenre: Endocrinology + Metabolism, Physiology, Life Sciences / Human Anatomy + Physiology, Women's Health, Women's Studies, Neuroscience, Neurology
- Language: English
- Release Date: August 22, 2006
- Author: Louann Brizendine
- Online Item #: 11987353
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-31-5570
- ISBN: 9780767920094
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported