April 26, 2011
April 26, 2011
Come back to Florabama, Alabama, in this heartwarming New York Times bestseller for "a magical and surprising tour of [the] Deep South" (Pat Conroy)
"We've been screwed blue and tattooed," quips Hilly Pruitt, upon hearing the news of Cherished Lady Lingerie's closing. Now unemployed, Hilly and the rest of the ex-bra seamstresses land in the Displaced Homemakers Program at Florabama's podunk community college. There they unexpectedly join forces with Bonnie Duke Cullman, an Atlanta society wife who's been downsized out of her marriage, and together they embark on a midlife survival course that will transform them all. Beautifully repackaged, Lois Battle's funny, heartfelt, and poignant novel will utterly enchant readers with its rich tapestry of unforgettable female friendships.
Bonnie leaves her bankrupt husband and takes the first job of her life at age 50. Hired to run a program for the jobless female workers at a local mill that has closed, she gets involved in their lives and takes comfort from the similarity of their stories to hers, and from the support and affection this troubled group of women provides.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: General, Stages of Life, Work + the Workplace, Society + Social Issues, Love + Relationships + Sex, Types of Characters, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Peoples + Cultures, Family + Friendship
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Lois Battle
- Online Item #: 13342156
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-62-8498
- ISBN: 9780143119326
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported