July 28, 2009
July 28, 2009
As part two of Stieg Larsson's exceptionally well-received debut trilogy, THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE follows THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO in style. Larsson introduced his title character Lisbeth Salander, the reclusive hacker with a fine-tuned sense of justice, in the first book, but readers learn much more about what makes her tick here. Journalist Mikael Blomkvist, Lisbeth's occasional lover and mystery-solving partner, gets a juicy tip linking a swath of Sweden's business and political elite with illegal ****** trafficking. But before he can get the full story, his informer is stabbed in his apartment. When the police find Lisbeth's fingers are on the murder weapon, she becomes the prime suspect and goes into hiding. Mikael and Lisbeth both struggle to clear her name, but in order to do so they must figure out who framed her, and this means dredging up painful pieces of Lisbeth's troubled past. Full of all the detail and energy of his first book, THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE engrosses and enthralls.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Mystery + Crime, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Legal + Courtroom + Crime, General, Human Qualities + Behavior, Action + Thrillers, Politics, Types of Characters, Suspense
- Publisher: Random House Large Print
- Pages: 821
- Edition: Large Print
- Language: English
- Author: Stieg Larsson
- Online Item #: 11536392
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-07-5457
- ISBN: 9780739384169
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported