August 30, 2005
August 30, 2005
Here, in an astonishing debut by a gifted storyteller, is the magnificent saga of proud and passionate men and women and the turbulent times through which they suffer and triumph. They are the Truebas. And theirs is a world you will not want to leave, and one you will not forget.
Esteban -- The patriarch, a volatile and proud man whose lust for land is legendary and who is haunted by his tyrannical passion for the wife he can never completely possess.
Clara -- The matriarch, elusive and mysterious, who foretells family tragedy and shapes the fortunes of the house of the Truebas.
Blanca -- Their daughter, soft-spoken yet rebellious, whose shocking love for the son of her father's foreman fuels Esteban's everlasting contempt... even as it produces the grandchild he adores.
Alba -- The fruit of Blanca's forbidden love, a luminous bearty, a fiery and willful woman... the family's break with the past and link to the future.
From the Paperback edition.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
Sub-Genre: Stages of Life, Politics, Human Qualities + Behavior, Literary, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Types of Characters, Family + Friendship
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Family + Friendship, Types of Characters, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Literary, Human Qualities + Behavior, Politics, Stages of Life
- Language: English
- Release Date: August 30, 2005
- Author: Isabel Allende
- Online Item #: 11823069
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-25-3372
- ISBN: 9780553383805
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported