So, you want to join the Peace Corps . . .
If you are interested in joining the Peace Corps, you probably have questions that run the gamut from "What is the application process like?" to "Is the Peace Corps effective as a development agency?" In this updated second edition, former Peace Corps volunteer Dillon Banerjee shares candid facts and insights about the experience in a practical question-and-answer format. With input from recently returned volunteers who served across the globe, this thorough guide presents valuable information including:
• What Peace Corps recruiters look for in your application
• Items you should--and shouldn't---pack for your two-year trip
• Useful gadgets and technology that help volunteers stay connected from far away
• Real answers to personal questions about culture shock, safety, dating, homesickness, and more
Whether you're thinking of joining or have already been accepted and are preparing to leave, The Insider's Guide to the Peace Corps will help equip you for the unique challenges and rewards of the volunteer experience, regardless of your program area or country assignment. It's essential reading for anyone interested in "the toughest job you'll ever love."
quot;A guide that tells potential Peace Corps volunteers what to expect, through first-hand advice from recent volunteersquot;--Provided by publisher.
- Social Science, Business + Money Management, Political Science
- Volunteer Work, Careers / Job Hunting, General
- April 1, 2009
- April 1, 2009
- Dillon Banerjee