May 3, 2010
May 3, 2010
Golden Richards, a polygamist with four wives and twenty-eight children has a midlife crisis affair that threatens to destroy his family's future, in this tale of a dysfunctional American family from the author of
In Bradley Udall's stellar and expansive family drama, Mormon polygamist Golden Richards serves as the gravitational center of a domestic solar system which includes three homes, four wives, and 28 children, but after his business goes bankrupt and his brood is twice visited by tragedy, he begins to feel like he's collapsing into a black hole. At first, Richards instinctively reacts to his accumulating issues in the same way he always has--by seeking another wife. But eventually he discovers that family bonds are best measured in quality, not quantity, and he tries to summon the personal fortitude and moral strength to quell his legion of dilemmas. Selected by Publishers Weekly as a 2010 Top 10 Book.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Love + Relationships + Sex, Stages of Life, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Work + the Workplace, Family + Friendship, General
- Language: English
- Author: Brady Udall
- Online Item #: 12222296
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-04-1613
- ISBN: 9780393062625
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported