“THE RECIPES WILL CONVINCE EVEN SKEPTICS THAT LOW-FAT FOODS CAN TASTE FANTASTIC. . . . Only you have the power to change your diet, reduce the amount of fat it contains and eat heathfully. . . . Get started without sacrificing taste, convenience, and pleasure.”
-Daily News (New York)
Jam-packed with 150 new recipes-dishes that reflect the way Americans cook and eat today-The New American Heart Association Cookbook is a revolution in healthful cooking. The fabulous recipes inside prove you can eat deliciously for a healthier heart and a trimmer waistline. To name just a few there are Roasted-Pepper Hummus, Picante Shrimp with Broccoli and Snow Peas,
Chipotle Chicken Wraps, Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan Bread Crumbs, and Angel Food Truffle Torte with Fruit Sauce.
This incredible revision also includes:
• Cook's tips that speed up cooking, explain techniques or ingredients, or add a special finishing touch
• Suggestions on how to shop for, store, and cook food healthfully-and tips on decoding food labels and manufacturers' claims
• A complete nutritional analysis for each recipe, including saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, calories, fiber, and more
Discover the never-bland world of heart-healthy eating with The New American Heart Association Cookbook.
As with the previous AHA cookbooks, this one sticks religiously to their own guidelines and what they call the Healthy Heart Pyramid, but this edition contains 150 recipes reflecting new innovations and trends in cooking and healthy eating. A sampling of the buffet: Picante Shrimp with Broccoli and Snow Peas, Eggplant Parmesan, Pad Thai, and Angel Food Truffle Torte with Fruit Sauce. The book includes a complete nutritional analysis with each recipe, as well as cooking and shopping tips.
- Cooking + Food + Wine
- Health + Healing / Low Fat
- December 1, 2002
- December 1, 2002
- American Heart Association